August 7 – August 16, 2015
“Stones In His Pockets” the hit play by Marie Jones, is about a small rural town in Ireland where townspeople have been hired as extras in a Hollywood film. The play centers around two of those people, Charlie Conlon and Jake Quinn. Charlie has aspirations to get his script made into a movie. Jake has recently returned from New York and is mesmerized, along with everyone else, by the famous, beautiful American star of the movie, Caroline who fails to conquer an Irish accent. The star and the other American crewmembers do not attempt to accurately portray the town and the people as they only care about finishing the movie on time with their romanticized ideal of rural Irish life..
Much of the comedy is derived from the efforts of the production crew to create the proper "Irish feel" and the cast of two who perform all 15 characters (men and women), often switching gender and voice with swift dexterity. Under the assured direction of Ellen Paul, Ladysmith Little Theatre stalwarts Mort Paul (“Opening Night”, “Old Woman in a Shoe”, “Blithe Spirit”) and Torry Clark (“A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum”, “Our Town”, “Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves”) bring these characters to life in hilarious split second timing.
Warning: Coarse Language
Friday, August 7 and 14, Doors 7:30 p.m. Show 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 8 and 15, Doors 7:30 p.m. Show 8:00 p.m.
Sunday Matinee, August 9 and 16, Doors 1:30 p.m. Show 2:00 p.m.
Audiences are requested to plan to be seated by 10 minutes prior to show time.
Prices: Members - $18 Non-Members - $20 Groups of 10 or more - $18 (Box office only)
More information or to make reservations please go to
www.ladysmiththeatre.com or telephone 250-924-0658
Ladysmith Little Theatre, 4985 Christie Road, Ladysmith, B.C. V9G 1J3
Request for Catering Proposal
The Ladysmith Little Theatre is seeking a caterer to provide dinners during the Friday and Saturday performances for the 2015/2016 production season. There will be four plays from October 2015 to June 2016.
The Caterer will provide:
- - Three course meals for six to forty patrons
- - The menu 4 weeks prior to the start of each performance. Each menu will be vetted and approved by the Executive Producer and remain the same throughout each individual production
- - Table service which includes setting the tables, serving the meals and removing the dishes and utensils upon completion of dining
- - Any portable cooking equipment and utensils requiredto prepare the meal
- - Clean dishes and kitchen at end of each dinner show and return the cleaneddinner dishes to the cupboards
The Theatre will provide:
- - Kitchen facilities, stove, fridge, commercial dish washer
- - All dishes and eating utensils
- - Serving trolleys
- - Dish & tea towels
- - Dish and hand washing soaps
To submit proposal or for more information contact: Susan Carthy, Theatre Manager, Ladysmith Little Theatre, at email@example.com
This Request for Proposal will close at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 14, 2015
Hi definition and 3D Without the Glasses!